Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hot Chick! Dozens of fat grams in chicken salad = bad news. Crunchy cucumbers, red grapes, and yogurt dressing on the other hand = GREAT additions. Here's HG's guilt-free answer to the notoriously fattening Waldorf chicken salad... HG Tip! If cooking your chicken from scratch, use nonstick spray (not oil) to keep the fat count down. **These short, sweet cucumbers rule in this recipe! But if you can't find 'em, any cucumber will do. Serving Size: half of recipe (about 1 cup) Calories: 145 Fat: 1.5g Sodium: 332mg Carbs: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugars: 10g Protein: 21g POINTS® value 3*
- 1 cup cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kirby cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener (like 1 packet of Splenda)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 dash salt
- Mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise, sweetener, lemon pepper seasoning, and salt.
- Coat the chicken in this mixture, and then stir in the chopped cucumber, grape halves, and chopped apple.
- Then try not to pass out as you chow down on this insanely good chicken salad!
This is a really good salad. I make it all of the time to take for lunch. I like the lemon-pepper seasoning. I don't always make it with grilled chicken. Sometimes I use a can of chunk chicken breast when time is a factor.
One of my favorite quick recipes! I have enjoyed it both ways, but prefer lemon juice over lemon pepper seasoning. Delicious either way!