Recipe by senseicheryl
Here is another Hungry Girl Recipe that I received in an email this morning: NOTE: The 20 I Can't Believe It's Not Butter listed in the recipe represents 20 sprays of the spray butter. Heaven Bacon - Hey, Steak 'n Shake -- keep your fatty, greasy, ridiculously high-calorie bacon and cheese melts to yourself! HG's got one that uses slimmed-down ingredients and tastes almost as good as the real thing. Yeah, it really does. Try it. Serving Size: 1 sandwich Calories: 195 Fat: 3g Sodium: 850mg Carbs: 23g Fiber: 5g Sugars: 3g Protein: 18g 3 Weight Watchers Points **If you substitute brands, nutritional info will change accordingly.
- 2 slices wonder light bread (or another brand of light bread)
- 2 slices jennie-o extra lean fat-free turkey bacon
- 2 slices kraft fat-free American cheese slices (or another fat-free American cheese)
- 2 teaspoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread, 20 Sprays with the Spray Bottle
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet sprayed with no-cal cooking spray, cook bacon strips on medium heat until crispy and fully cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Evenly spritz butter spray on 1 side of each slice of bread, using 10 sprays per slice. Top the unsprayed side of 1 slice of bread with a slice of cheese. Place cooked bacon strips on top of cheese, and cover with second slice of cheese. Next, top with the other bread slice (with the buttered side facing up).
- Place sandwich in a skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and cook over low to medium heat until bread is brown and toasty and cheese is nice and melty (about 1 – 2 minutes per side). Use a spatula to press down on sandwich while it cooks. Slice sandwich down the middle, diagonally, or just bite right into it!