Recipe by senseicheryl
From Hungry Girl: "Check out our surreal, cereal-coated chicken recipe -- inspired by the classic version that Planet Hollywood serves up. It's GOOOOOD!" PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe): 234 calories, 2g fat, 617mg sodium, 23.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 10g sugars, 29g protein -- POINTS® value 4*
- 1⁄4 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1⁄2 cup Cap'n Crunch cereal (original)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 8 ounces chicken breast tenders, boneless, skinless, lean
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 2 tablespoons Dijonnaise mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard (actual mustard, not dressing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Fiber One in a blender or food processor, and grind to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Set aside.
- Put Cap'n Crunch in a sealable plastic bag and seal. Using a rolling pin or a can, coarsely crush cereal through the bag. In a wide bowl, combine Fiber One crumbs, crushed Cap'n Crunch, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Place chicken tenders in a separate medium bowl. Pour egg substitute over the chicken, and flip chicken to coat. Shake off any excess egg substitute, and then coat chicken in the cereal mixture.
- Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove . Place coated chicken pieces gently into the pan, spacing them out as much as possible. Cook for 5 minutes, and then carefully flip pieces over. Cook for about 4 additional minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Combine the Dijonnaise and honey mustard in a small dish, and mix well for a tasty dipping sauce. Enjoy!