Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
The last one of the newest Hungry Girl Recipes: "Sure it's a little unconventional (okay, maybe even odd)... but it's DELICIOUS!" PER SERVING (entire recipe): 155 calories, 6.5g fat, 760mg sodium, 15g carbs, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 11g protein -- POINTS® value 4*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Skewer your hot dog lengthwise on the stick. Set aside.
- Stretch or roll out the triangle-shaped dough slightly, to make it a larger triangle. Place hot dog along the base and gently but firmly roll it up. Squeeze the dough gently to ensure it is secure around the hot dog.
- Carefully wrap bacon around the length of the dough-covered hot dog, so it looks like a spiral.
- Place your blanketed pup in a baking pan sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for about 14 - 16 minutes, until dough appears slightly browned and crispy.
- Let cool slightly. If you like, dip your dog into one or more of the optional ingredients. Enjoy!
Made for hubby for a Thanksgiving appetizer & he loved it!! I used a Costco low fat chicken hot dog, regular turkey bacon & he used mustard & ketchup for dipping. Baking time was kind of tricky-we needed almost 20 min to get the dough just right. But overall--simple, yummy & thankfully lower fat! Thank u for sharing!
Very low calorie, super tastey! This was excellent and satisfied my craving for those fattening corn dogs!