8 hrs 10 mins
From Hungry Girl: "We're calling this soup "Peachy-Keen," but the recipe can be made with any fruity salsa. We're sure you'll agree that Pineappley-Keen doesn't have quite the same ring to it..." PER SERVING (1/8th of recipe, about 1 cup): 151 calories, 0.5g fat, 610mg sodium, 27g carbs, 7.25g fiber, 5g sugars, 7g protein -- POINTS® value 2*
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar peach salsa (like Trader Joe's Spicy, Smoky, Peach Salsa or another fruity, tomato-based salsa)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1Pour about half of the rinsed and drained beans into a blender. Add around half of the broth, half of the salsa, and half of the cumin (no need to be exact). Blend until mixture is smooth and fully pureed, and then transfer it to a large container with a lid.
- 2Repeat blending process with remaining ingredients (excluding optional toppings, of course). Add that batch to the container, and give the mixture a good stir.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (several hours is best), to allow soup to thicken and flavors to blend.
- 4Once you're ready to serve, stir soup thoroughly. (Soup may separate in the fridge -- this is okay!) Transfer soup to a pot or microwave-safe bowl, and heat on the stove or in the microwave until desired temperature is reached. If you like, top each serving with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of cilantro, and/or a squeeze of lime. MMMM!
You Might Also Like...View All Black Bean Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hg's Peachy-Keen Black Bean Soup - Ww Points = 2
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.1
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 523.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: