Recipe by senseicheryl
From Hungry Girl: These patties are sooooo good you can pop 'em straight -- or feel free to enjoy on some healthy bread, lettuce or cabbage "bun", or rolled in a high-fiber tortilla! (1 patty: 70 calories, 0.5g fat, 585mg sodium, 16g carbs, 5g fiber, 3g sugars, 4g protein = 1 Point) NOTE: Some of the cook time listed is for refrigeration time.
- 1⁄3 cup oats (not quick or instant)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (red & green)
- 1 cup mushroom, diced
- 1 cup green beans, diced
- 1⁄2 cup all-bran cereal, Fiber One Original
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute, original
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One to a breadcrumb-like consistency and set aside.
- Next, add 1/3 cup boiling water to oats and set those aside as well.
- In a large pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, cook vegetables for five minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove pot from heat and transfer veggies to a large bowl; allow to cool for several minutes (blot excess moisture with a paper towel).
- Stir in oatmeal, ground Fiber One, soy sauce, salt and Egg Beaters. Add pepper per your taste. Make sure mixture is well blended.
- One by one, form mixture into 5 balls and flatten into patties. Allow patties to cool and set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Cook patties on a skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat for about 3 - 4 minutes per side (flip 'em gently so they keep their shape). Load ‘em up with your favorite burger condiments like pickles, ketchup, light cheese and zesty mustard!