Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email this morning from Hungry Girl. "The results are DELICIOUS!!!! BTW, I say it's never too cold out to slurp down this shake. Just do it while in the comfort of your toasty-warm home. Happy sipping!" FROM THE READER: Dear Hungry Girl, I keep hearing about that Mint Oreo Ice Cream Shake at Carl's Jr., and I can't stop thinking about it. Do you have a swap for me, HG? Shake Me Up HG'S REPLY: Yes! Of course there's an HG swap for this one. That crazy shake actually has 800 calories and 37g fat (POINTS. value 19*). And although I'm not always a fan of the chocolate-mint combo, I get why people are obsessed with this shake. Based on one of our popular recipes -- the Cookie-rific Ice Cream Freeze -- we made a minted-up version that tastes A LOT like the one Carl's Jr. sells. Only ours doesn't carry the insane nutritional price tag! Here's how to make it... PER SERVING (entire shake): 159 calories, 3.25g fat, 164mg sodium, 26.5g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 12g sugars, 6g protein -- POINTS. value 3*
- 5 ounces light vanilla soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup fat free vanilla ice cream
- 3 chocolate graham crackers or 0.5 (23 g) packet Oreo thin crisps
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free french vanilla powdered coffee creamer, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons Splenda granular or 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup ice, crushed or 5 -8 regular ice cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- fat free Reddi-Wip topping (optional)
- additional cookie crumbs (optional) or graham cracker crumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly crush cookies or graham crackers and set aside.
- Place all OTHER ingredients (except for the optional toppings) in a blender. Blend on high for 45 to 60 seconds, until mixed thoroughly. Pour into a tall glass and stir in the crushed cookies or graham crackers.
- If you like, top it all off with some Reddi-wip and chocolate cookie/cracker crumbs. Mmmmmm!