Here is another Hungry Girl Recipe: "A Whole Latke Love! You don't have to celebrate Hanukkah to appreciate these INSANELY fantastic no-guilt faux-tato pancakes. Try 'em and see!" Serving Size: 3 latkes (without toppings) Calories: 84 Fat: 1g; Sodium: 324mg; Carbs: 16.5g; Fiber: 2.75g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 3g POINTS. value 1
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups butternut squash, shredded (a cheese grater works well)
- 1/2 cup onion, shredded
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- nonfat sour cream (optional)
- scallion, chopped (optional)
- unsweetened applesauce (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- 1Place a large baking sheet in the oven, and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Place shredded squash and onion on a layer of paper towels. Cover with another layer of paper towels, and press down firmly to remove all excess moisture. Repeat until squash and onion shreds are as dry as possible.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine squash, onion, egg substitute, flour, and salt. Mix well.
- 4Using oven mitts or kitchen towels, carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Cover sheet evenly with a 3-second spray of olive oil spray.
- 5Spoon squash mixture onto the sheet in 12 evenly spaced mounds. Using the back of a spoon, flatten and spread each mound into a circle about 3 inches wide.
- 6Carefully (remember, it's hot!) return pan to the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- 7Using oven mitts or kitchen towels, carefully remove sheet. Coat the top of the latkes with another 3-second spray of olive oil spray. Gently flip with a spatula.
- 8Return to the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes, until both sides of latkes are crispy. Serve with sour cream topped with scallions and/or applesauce topped with cinnamon!
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hg's Love Ya Latkes - Ww Points = 1
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 323.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g