Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the www.hungrygirl.com website: "Pepp Rally! Personal-sized pizza rocks. Load it up with pepperoni, and it rocks more! But even the stuff found in the "diet" section of the freezer aisle is fairly high in fat. So, with a little swappy swap action at home, you can have your (pizza) pie and eat it, too. Our version has all the pizzazz of regular pepperoni-topped pizza without the crazy amounts of fat and calories. Check it out..." Serving Size: 1 personal-sized pie (entire recipe) Calories: 241 Fat: 3.5g Sodium: 1,146mg Carbs: 33.5g Fiber: 9.5g Sugars: 3g Protein: 24g POINTS® value 4*
- 1⁄4 cup all-bran cereal (original)
- 1⁄4 cup oats (not instant)
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1⁄3 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce with italian seasoning (like Hunt's Tomatoes Sauce with Basil, Garlic & Oregano)
- 6 slices turkey pepperoni (like the kind by Hormel)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- oregano (optional)
- garlic powder (optional)
- onion powder (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place Fiber One and oats in a blender, and grind until a breadcrumb-like consistency is reached.
- In a small bowl, combine the "breadcrumb'" mixture, egg substitute and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Spoon mixture into the pan and smooth into a circular shape (larger for a thin crust, smaller for a thick crust). Raise heat to medium-high. Spray a spatula on both sides with nonstick spray. Allow crust to cook until the bottom is slightly browned (about 2 minutes), and then gently flip with the spatula. Once both sides are slightly browned, remove crust from the pan, and place it on a plate to cool.
- Pour sauce evenly onto the oat/cereal crust, leaving a border of about half an inch. Next, evenly top sauce with the cheese, followed by the pepperoni.
- Place pizza directly on the oven rack, and cook for 10 minutes. If you like, season your pizza with the optional ingredients. Cut into quarters for 4 times the fun!
I haven't made this recipe exactly, but I made a family size pizza with Hungry Girl inspired toppings, turkey bacon & turkey pepperoni, low fat mozz, and reduced fat pizza crust and it was a huge hit with even the picky boyfriend. Healthier pizza options are freakin' sweet!