Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe was in an email today for Thanksgiving recipes from Hungry Girl: Dab or pile this stuff on top of your turkey. Or just eat it plain! (There's so much good fruit in here, we wouldn't blame you.) P.S. For quick day-of assembly, start this off the day before... PER SERVING (1/3 cup): 63 calories, 1g fat, 20mg sodium, 13g carbs, 2g fiber, 8.5g sugars, 1g protein -- POINTS. value 1
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water, cold
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, in their own juice
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, recipe says Almond Accents in Original Oven Roasted
- In a medium pot, combine cranberries, Splenda, and sugar with 1 3/4 cups water. Set stove to medium heat, cover pot, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 10 minutes, uncovering to stir occasionally. Meanwhile, in a small dish, combine gelatin with 1/4 cup cold water, stir well and set aside.
- Turn off heat and stir in gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved and thoroughly combined. Stir in cinnamon and apples and mix well. Transfer mixture to a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 5 hours (overnight is best).
- Once chilled and set, remove mixture from the fridge and give it a good stir. Drain juice from the can of orange segments. Roughly chop orange segments and drain any excess liquid from them. Slightly crush almonds so that they break into smaller pieces. Add chopped orange segments and almond pieces to the cranberry sauce, and mix thoroughly. Serve with lean turkey, pork, or chicken, or anything else you like cranberries with!