Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Hungry Girl - Pot Luck: Oh, chicken pot pie -- we thought we'd never get to spend quality time together again. You with your crazy-fatty crust and gooey, creamy innards. Us with our calorie-conscious ways. We were wrong again! One of our lovely and talented subscribers inspired us to create this super-simple CPP swap (thanks, Margaret). Don't be chicken -- check it out! Serving Size: 1/4th pie (approx. 7 oz.) Calories: 210 Fat: 6g Sodium: 800mg Carbs: 24g Fiber: 2.5g Sugars: 6g Protein: 16.5g *4 Points
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat free condensed cream of celery soup
- 3 reduced-fat crescent rolls (unprepared)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute chicken pieces for several minutes in a pan spritzed with nonstick cooking spray, until chicken is light brown/cooked but still tender; set aside.
- Heat frozen veggies in microwave according to package.
- Mix chicken, vegetables and soup together and put in a 9" round baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Place dish in oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly (stir about halfway through).
- While dish is cooking, unroll 3 crescent rolls. Combine pieces together with hands to make one large ball of dough. With a rolling pin, roll dough out into a circle to cover top of dish. Add dough to the top of the dish and cook for an additional 15 - 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
IT was amazing!
My family and I really enjoyed this - even my husband, and that's saying something! I mixed together some green beans, corn and peas. Next time I'll try more variety. I also used up some previously grilled chicken. Thanks so much for a fast, easy, low point recipe!