Recipe by senseicheryl
Another one from our favorite - HUNGRY GIRL! "Burger Bliss Been dying to try one of those cheese-topped, teriyaki-tastic, crazy-high-in-calories Banzai Burgers at Red Robin? Have this instead..." Serving Size: 1 burger (entire recipe) Calories: 271 Fat: 2.25g Sodium: 1,264mg Carbs: 44g Fiber: 6g Sugars: 15g Protein: 22g POINTS® value 5*
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
We did these double decker style w/ two burgers, 2 RF american cheese, 2 pineapple rings, and also upped the amount of mayo (light) to about a T, and the teriyaki to about 1.5 T.. We left off the tomato for personal preference and put them on sandwich thins. I also cooked the burgers in the skillet as opposed to the microwave. Made the way I stated they were 10pts a piece.
- 1 small hamburger bun (light, if available)
- 1 vegan burger, Boca Original Vegan Meatless Burger
- 1 slice fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 pineapple ring, packed in juice
- 1 slice tomatoes
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki marinade, thick kind with about 20 - 25 calories per tbsp. (like the one by Lawry's)
- 1 teaspoon fat-free mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. (If you have a grill pan, use it -- you'll get neato grill marks.) Lay pineapple ring in the pan, and cook until slightly blackened and caram elized, about 3 minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
- Cut a slit in the burger pouch. Place burger, slit-side up, in the microwave. Microwave for just 1 minute (not the time given on the box). If your microwave is low wattage, microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Remove patty from the microwave and place on a microwave-safe plate. Pour half of the teriyaki marinade on top, spread it around, and flip patty to coat evenly on both sides. Lay cheese slice on top of the patty, and microwave for 30 additional seconds.
- Place the burger patty on the bottom half of the bun, and top with the remaining teriyaki sauce. Add the pineapple ring, tomato, and lettuce. Spread mayo on the top half of the bun, and finish your burger off with the bun's top half. Now CHOMP!