Recipe by senseicheryl
This is from the Hungry Girl Website: Faux-tato Fun! Wanna hear the coolest part about this recipe? There are NO potatoes in it!!! After all, the best part of potato salad isn't even the potatoes... it's the perfectly seasoned creamy goodness those spuds are hanging out in! This swap is so good, you'll fool EVERYONE... but don't feel obligated to let your guests in on our little no-tato secret. Shhhhhhhhhhhh... Serving Size: 2/3 cup (1/10th of recipe)
- 1 large head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 6 egg whites, hard-boiled chilled and chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce ranch dressing mix (1/2 the dry mix package)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijonnaise mustard (Hellman's or Best Foods)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free liquid creamer (liquid kind, like the one by Coffee-mate)
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cauliflower in a large microwave-safe bowl, and pour 1/3 cup water over it. Cover and microwave for 6 - 8 minutes (until cauliflower is soft).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the ranch mix, mayo, sour cream, Dijonnaise and salt. Set aside.
- Once cool enough to handle, drain any excess water from the cooked cauliflower. Lightly mash just 2 cups of the cauliflower, and then place in a blender. Add creamer and puree or pulse until blended. (Don't worry if it isn't completely smooth.)
- Pour mayo mixture into the blender and mix until blended and creamy.
- Chop the rest of the cauliflower into small half-inch pieces. Place these cauliflower pieces in a large bowl, and add the onion, celery and vinegar. Toss and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the blender mixture over the vegetables and mix well. Add the chopped egg whites, chives, dill and parsley, and fold them inches
- Chill for several hours. If you like, sprinkle with paprika just before serving.
- P.S. This stuff tastes EVEN BETTER the day after it's prepared! MAKES 10 SERVINGS.