From the Hungry Girl Website: This tamale pie is AWESOME. Make it NOW. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. PER SERVING (1/6th of pie): 220 calories, 2.75g fat, 630mg sodium, 37g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 8g sugars, 16g protein -- POINTS® value 4*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cornbread mix, i.e. Betty Crocker
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix together cornbread mix, egg substitute and applesauce. Set aside.
- 3In a large pan sprayed lightly with nonstick spray, begin to cook onions and soy crumbles over medium heat. Once crumbles have thawed, add in taco seasoning, cumin and 1/4 cup of water. Stirring occasionally, continue to cook until the water has absorbed. Then add the taco sauce, corn, and black beans, and mix well.
- 4Pour mixture into a large round casserole dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray, and then evenly cover with the cornbread topping mixture.
- 5Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and firm.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hg's Hot Tamale Pie - Weight Watchers = 4 Points
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.7
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 721.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g