Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I received a Hungry Girl email today and this was one of the recipes that were featured. Here is what the email said about the recipe: These things are large, fiber-packed, portable, and SOOO DELICIOUS!!!! Make a batch in the PM, and you'll have super-quick b-fasts for the next few AMs! HG Alternative! If you don't feel like whipping out the blender to grind that Fiber One, simply leave the F1 crumbs out of the recipe. Your cookies won't be as high in fiber, but they'll still taste great and clock in with a POINTS. value of 2* each.
- 1⁄2 cup oats (not instant)
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup Fiber One cereal, ground to a breadcrumb-like consistency in a blender (bran, original)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup peach baby food (Gerber or another brand of pureed peaches, found in the baby food aisle)
- 1⁄4 cup pure canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1 tablespoon golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon craisins (Ocean Spray original)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, not packed
- 2 teaspoons coffee mate sugar-free french vanilla powdered coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop raisins and Craisins into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, Fiber One crumbs, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve Coffee -mate into 2 tablespoons hot water. Add all other wet ingredients (pureed peaches, pumpkin, and egg substitute), and mix well.
- Add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir until completely blended. Slowly sprinkle chopped raisins and Craisins into the batter, making sure they don't all stick together.
- Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray, and spoon batter into 4 evenly spaced circles. Spread batter out a bit with the back of a spoon. Place pan in the oven for 12 - 14 minutes (until tops of the treats are just slightly crispy). Remove pan from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Then grab 'n go!
My very health conscious daughter and I tripled this recipe and love them as cookie-sized treats. Very filling and healthy too. Thanks for posting.
Being a healthy bar this is very good. I make just a couple of changes. I used stevia instead of splenda. I used Fat-free Homemade Egg Substitute for the egg substitue. And I used pure vanilla extract instead of the coffee mate. I will be making a lot of these!