Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
From Hungry Girl email: These are the FLUFFIEST, MELTIEST, YUMMIEST and CUTEST meringues you will ever chew. You MUST make them ASAP!!!!!! NOTE: I wish I could copy the picture that is in the email and post it here!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line 2 large baking pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Using an electric mixer set at high speed, beat until fluffy and slightly stiff, about 3 minutes. Continue mixing with your electric mixer, and gradually add the sugar and Splenda until completely combined. Add the vanilla and continue mixing until blended.
- Using a spatula, transfer all the meringue mixture to a large plastic bag. Squeeze mixture down toward one bottom corner of the bag. Snip that corner off with scissors. (Ta-da! Makeshift piping bag.)
- Pipe mixture onto the parchment paper in ghost-like shapes about 3 inches long. (HG Tip! Do each outline first, and then fill it in.) Use the tip of your piping bag to smooth mixture and make sure the ghost shapes are filled in solidly. Continue until the mixture is gone, making 8 ghosts per baking pan.
- Place 2 mini chips on each ghost for eyes.
- Bake in the oven for 70 minutes. Do not remove meringues afterwards.
- Turn oven off and allow meringues to set in the oven for 1 hour.
- Pull meringues from the parchment paper and chomp away. Just don't eat them all at once!