Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is another Hungry Girl recipe that I cannot wait to try. "Zucchini Zazzle! You asked for it, you got it. Here's our recipe for lightened-up zucchini nut muffins. Hooray!" Serving Size: 1 muffin Calories: 147 Fat: 3.5g Sodium: 246mg Carbs: 25g Fiber: 2.5g Sugars: 7g Protein: 4.5g POINTS. value 3*
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded, about 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1⁄2 cup liquid egg substitute, like Egg Beaters Original
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons whipped light butter or 3 tablespoons Brummel and Brown spread
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, crushed divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine both types of flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the zucchini, egg substitute, applesauce, butter, and vanilla extract. Slowly add this mixture to the first bowl, and stir until thoroughly blended. Mix half the crushed walnuts (1 1/2 tbsp.) into the batter.
- Line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute batter among the 9 cups. Top each cup with a sprinkling of the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes, until a toothpick poked into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool and then enjoy!
I recently made this recipe after I got it from Hungry Girl's website. OH MY GOODNESS! These muffins are amazing! I followed the recipe exactly, but I think next time I will put all 3 Tbs of walnuts in at the same time. When you sprinkle them on top, not all of them sink in and then they easily fall off the top when they're done. I cannot wait to make these again - they're one of my many favorites from HG!