Recipe by Messie Chef
I absolutely love crab cakes. I'm excited to try this version from Hungry Girl. She notes that even though the list of ingredients is long, most are kitchen staples, and the recipes is SO worth it! Enjoy! Hg's calculations per Crab Cake: Cal: 210, Fat: 12g, Sod: 651mg, Carbs: 14g, Fiber 1g, Sugars: 1.5g, Protein: 11g
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
Thanks to Pic A Chef 2012 I chose to try this recipe.
Very easy to make and the flavors blended very well together.
Because it was hot out side I chose to pan fry this dish only.
Great recipe to try.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 1⁄2 slices Weight Watchers white bread, lightly toasted
- 1 piece Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon best food's hellmann's Dijonnaise mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whipped light butter, like Brummel & Brown, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- butter flavored nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Tear lightly toasted bread into pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Pulse until reduced to breadcrumbs, transfer to medium bowl.
- Add crabmeat, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl, gently mix until combined.
- Add onion and celery, lightly mix again, and set aside.
- Break cheese wedge into pieces and place into small bowl. Add egg beaters, mayo, dijonnaise, lemon juice, melted butter, worcestershire suace, and hot pepper sauce. Wisk until smooth and pour over crab mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the liquid mixture into the crabmeat mixture. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare a medium-large baking dish by spraying with butter flavored non-stick spray.
- Gently form 1/3 of the crab cake mixture into a ball, and place in baking dish. Flatten it into a cake about 1 inch thick.
- Repeat step twice to have 3 cakes in baking dish.
- Bake for 14 - 15 minutes, until the cakes are slightly firm and cooked through.
- Remove carefully and serve with additional Dijonnaise for dipping and/or lemon wedges for squirting!