Recipe by senseicheryl
Here is another Hungry Girl Recipe: "Roll With It! These li'l Mexican treats are so stuffed, they're almost guaranteed to crack a bit when you bake 'em in the oven -- hence the name "Exploding." De verdad!" Serving Size: 2 taquitos Calories: 197 Fat: 2.5g Sodium: 594mg Carbs: 22.5g Fiber: 3g Sugars: 2g Protein: 20.5g POINTS® value 4*
Top Review by nkoprince08
I was afraid that these were going to be plain as I was mixing them up, but I was happily surprised to find that they had a lot of flavor! I used a black bean and corn salsa and fajita seasoning instead of taco seasoning. I wrapped them in egg roll wrappers (trying to use them up) and they worked perfect. Very easy recipe to make and very tasty!!
- 8 (48 inch) corn tortillas
- 283.49 g can white chicken meat packed in water, 98% fat free kind, drained well
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 78.07 ml fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1.23 ml taco seasoning mix, dry
- red enchilada sauce (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- nonfat sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and salsa, and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken mixture from the fridge, and drain any excess liquid. Add cheese and taco seasoning, and mix to combine. This is your filling. Set aside.
- Prepare a baking sheet by spraying with nonstick spray, and set it aside.
- Dampen two paper towels, and place tortillas between them. Microwave for about 1 minute, until tortillas are warm and pliable.
- Take one tortilla (keep the rest between the paper towels), spray both sides lightly with nonstick spray, and lay it flat on a clean dry surface. Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons of filling onto the tortilla. Spread it evenly across the entire surface, and roll tortilla up tightly, so that you have a cigar-shaped tube. Secure with toothpicks and place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Bake for 14 - 16 minutes, until crispy. Allow taquitos to cool for 5 minutes. If you like, dunk in enchilada sauce, salsa, or sour cream!