1/3 Photos of Hg's Exploding Chicken Taquitos - Ww Points = 4
Here is another Hungry Girl Recipe: "Roll With It! These li'l Mexican treats are so stuffed, they're almost guaranteed to crack a bit when you bake 'em in the oven -- hence the name "Exploding." De verdad!" Serving Size: 2 taquitos Calories: 197 Fat: 2.5g Sodium: 594mg Carbs: 22.5g Fiber: 3g Sugars: 2g Protein: 20.5g POINTS® value 4*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and salsa, and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 3Remove chicken mixture from the fridge, and drain any excess liquid. Add cheese and taco seasoning, and mix to combine. This is your filling. Set aside.
- 4Prepare a baking sheet by spraying with nonstick spray, and set it aside.
- 5Dampen two paper towels, and place tortillas between them. Microwave for about 1 minute, until tortillas are warm and pliable.
- 6Take one tortilla (keep the rest between the paper towels), spray both sides lightly with nonstick spray, and lay it flat on a clean dry surface. Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons of filling onto the tortilla. Spread it evenly across the entire surface, and roll tortilla up tightly, so that you have a cigar-shaped tube. Secure with toothpicks and place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- 7Bake for 14 - 16 minutes, until crispy. Allow taquitos to cool for 5 minutes. If you like, dunk in enchilada sauce, salsa, or sour cream!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hg's Exploding Chicken Taquitos - Ww Points = 4
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 311.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese