Recipe by senseicheryl
This was a featured recipe in an email from Hungry Girl today. Sounds yummy! Sesame Treat! Cold sesame noodles with HALF the fat and a FRACTION of the calories compared to the average order? Give us forks ASAP -- and let the noodle-swirling begin! Serving Size: 1 bowl (entire recipe) Calories: 198 Fat: 10g Sodium: 494mg Carbs: 19g Fiber: 6g Sugars: 4g Protein: 9g POINTS® value 4* HG Alternative! If you use Better'n Peanut Butter instead of reduced-fat PB, your Crazy-Good Cold Sesame Noodles will clock in with 137 calories, 3.5g fat, 18g carbs, 4.5g fiber, and 6g protein (POINTS® value 2*). Woohoo!
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu shirataki noodles, House Foods Spaghetti Shape, the normal sized package
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat peanut butter, room temperature (I use the Better 'N Peanut Butter Spread)
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat peanut butter, room temperature (I use the Better 'N Peanut Butter Spread)
- 2 tablespoons light soymilk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon light soy sauce (I used 1 tsp of the the low sodium kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener (I used 1 Splenda packet)
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain noodles well. Pat VERY dry with paper towels. Place noodles in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute. Drain excess liquid from noodles, and pat them again until thoroughly dry (the more dry the better!). Cut noodles into spaghetti-length pieces. Set aside.
- In a separate small dish, combine peanut butter, soymilk, soy sauce, sesame seeds, garlic and sweetener. Mix well. Feel free to season this sauce to taste with salt. Pour sauce over noodles. Mix thoroughly.
- Top with chopped scallions and mix again. Allow to chill in the fridge. Then enjoy!