Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Low fat version of the restaurant dip. Serve with baked veggie or tortilla chips or vegetables. From Hungry Girl.
- 10 ounces package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained very well
- 14 ounces can artichoke hearts, drained very well and chopped (packed in water)
- 8 ounces container fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- If you want to serve this dish hot, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and 3 tablespoons of the parm-style topping. Add the salt and cayenne pepper, and then stir until smooth.
- In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook the shallots and garlic over medium heat until soft (1 - 2 minutes). Set aside.
- To the large bowl, add spinach, artichoke hearts, water chestnuts and garlic/shallot mixture. Stir well.
- If serving dip cold, top with the remaining tablespoons of parm-style topping. If you want to serve the dip hot, transfer to a casserole dish, top with the remaining parm, and then bake for 30 minutes (or until bubbly).