Recipe by senseicheryl
From Hungry Girl - CORNING GLORY: "These muffins are pretty much perfect -- a little sweet, very moist, and so low in the calorie and fat departments, your head may actually fall off. Oh, and one more thing. They're HUGE!" Serving Size: 1 large muffin Calories: 158 Fat: 0.5g Sodium: 358mg Carbs: 32g Fiber: 1.5g Sugars: 9g Protein: 6g POINTS® value 3*
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamed corn, canned
- 3⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 3⁄4 cup fat free Greek yogurt (Fage Total 0% is the best!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, Splenda, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside. In a separate medium bowl, mix together corn, egg substitute, and yogurt. Whisk thoroughly. Add contents of the medium bowl to the large one, and stir until completely mixed.
- Line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute batter among the 9 cups -- cups will be VERY full. (We don't call 'em MegaMuffins for nothin'!).
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool and then enjoy!