Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found 3 zero point Hungry Girl Soups this morning. Here is the last of them! "This beauteous bowl of soup is almost as much fun to make and look at as it is to slurp!" (1/4th recipe: 32 calories/ 0g fat/ 515mg sodium/ 5.5g carbs/ 1.5g fiber/ 3g sugars/ 2.5g protein = 0 Points!) Be creative… At just 1 Point a serving, turn this into Shoestring Egg Flower Soup! To do so, pour 2 large egg whites into a container with a spout (like a measuring cup). Once soup has cooked for 5 minutes at medium heat, remove from heat and VERY slowly pour in egg whites while VERY quickly stirring in one direction. The result will be gorgeous bursts of egg bits in your yummy shoestring soup! 1/4th recipe with egg whites: 41 calories/ 0g fat/ 545mg sodium/ 6g carbs/ 1.5g fiber/ 3g sugars/ 4g protein = 1 Point
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth (or you can use fat- free vegetable or fat-free beef broth)
- 3 medium scallions
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small zucchini
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce, light
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- Begin by cutting all veggies (scallions included) into matchstick-sized strips (use a vegetable shredder if you have one!).
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except for the scallions (and lemon wedges). Bring to a boil. Once soup has reached a boil, reduce to medium heat (a low boil) and add scallions. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, until veggies are limp.
- If desired, serve with lemon wedges for a citrus-y touch.