Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received an email today from Hungry Girl that contained a few recipes. I wanted to post them here so that I don't lose them. PER SERVING (1 muffin): 85 calories, 1.5g fat, 240mg sodium, 14g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 4g protein -- POINTS® value 2* "Cheesy cornbread muffins for only 85 calories each?! How can it be???"
- 1 cup cream-style corn, canned
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener (i. e. Splenda granulated)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, Splenda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together all other ingredients -- then add the contents of the small bowl to the large one, and stir until well mixed.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray or line it with baking cups. Evenly distribute muffin batter among the cups.
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes (until muffins are firm and a light golden brown). Allow to cool and then enjoy!
These were very good, especially considering how healthy they are! I made as stated w/ absolutely no changes and Dh claims these are some of the best cornbread he has ever had. I felt they were a tad on the "chewy" side, but that didn't subtract from the flavor at all.