Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here is another Hungry Girl recipe. "This stuff is the ultimate guilt-free side dish. It tastes like cheesy, fluffy, mashed sweet potatoes, only better!" PER SERVING (1/4th of casserole): 101 calories, 1g fat, 457mg sodium, 20g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g sugars, 4g protein -- POINTS® value 2*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place squash in large microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup of water. Cover and microwave for 6 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, uncover and drain water. Set aside.
- Place onions in a small microwave-safe dish with 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, uncover and drain any excess water. Set aside.
- Place squash and all other ingredients except for the onions in a blender. (Make sure squash cubes are not still piping hot.) Pulse until thoroughly mixed (but not liquefied). Remove blender from the base, and then stir in the onions.
- Transfer squash mixture to a small casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Place in the oven, and bake for 35 - 40 minutes (until edges begin to brown). Then serve with a spoon as you would mashed potatoes! Enjoy!