Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here is another Hungry Girl recipe. "This stuff is the ultimate guilt-free side dish. It tastes like cheesy, fluffy, mashed sweet potatoes, only better!" PER SERVING (1/4th of casserole): 101 calories, 1g fat, 457mg sodium, 20g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g sugars, 4g protein -- POINTS® value 2*
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 (3/4 ounce) wedges Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, room temperature (2 of the wedges)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place squash in large microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup of water. Cover and microwave for 6 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, uncover and drain water. Set aside.
- Place onions in a small microwave-safe dish with 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, uncover and drain any excess water. Set aside.
- Place squash and all other ingredients except for the onions in a blender. (Make sure squash cubes are not still piping hot.) Pulse until thoroughly mixed (but not liquefied). Remove blender from the base, and then stir in the onions.
- Transfer squash mixture to a small casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Place in the oven, and bake for 35 - 40 minutes (until edges begin to brown). Then serve with a spoon as you would mashed potatoes! Enjoy!
I've made a bunch of Hungry Girl recipes lately, and they are all wonderful -- this recipe included. I really liked the chili powder in this dish -- it gives the squash a nice little kick. I used a bit more of the chili powder sprinkled on top for color. Thanks!
Very tasty. After serving it up I added a dab of I can't believe it's not butter light, a shake of garlic salt and about a tsp of parmesan cheese. That made the dish for me even though it changed the points a little. Hubby really enjoyed it and said it would be a good side for Thanksgiving.
Very tasty. If I had not known this was butternut squash I would have thought it was a potato dish with lots of different cheeses. I will definitely make this again. So much taste with very few calories. A sure winner with me. Enjoy !! Beckaroni