Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Broc 'n' Roll! Another Hungry Girl Recipe that I can't wait to try! " When we saw Green Giant's cute little portions of cheesy veggies, we couldn't WAIT to shove one into the blender. A little weird, but our love for a good soup is kind of out of control. Blend up a bowl of this cheesy-broc creation, and you'll understand... " Serving Size: 1 cup (entire recipe) Calories: 125 Fat: 5.75g Sodium: 796mg Carbs: 11.5g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 4.5g Protein: 7g POINTS. value 3*
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheese sauce mix, Make sure to use the Green Giant Just for One Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light soymilk (plain)
- 1 piece Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, 1 wedge chopped into pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To prepare Broccoli & Cheese Sauce, pull film back slightly to vent. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Pull film back all the way (but do not remove), and stir in cheese wedge pieces. Place film back over the tray, and microwave for an additional 45 seconds. Mix well, and allow to cool slightly.
- Place broccoli/cheese mixture in a blender with soymilk. Blend at medium speed until desired consistency is reached (blend very briefly if you like broccoli pieces in your soup -- blend longer for fully pureed soup). Transfer soup to your favorite microwave-safe bowl (or your second-favorite one, if your fave isn't clean). Heat soup in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Then slurp it up!
So Simple, SOOOOO GOOOD!! The only problem I had was that my broccoli was pretty crunchy but I'm blaming that on the low wattage microwave that I'm using. I used skim milk instead of the soy but otherwise as written....Thanx so much for posting. This was a perfect lunch. I had it with 7 ff saltines for a 4 point total :)