Recipe by senseicheryl
Here is a recipe from Hungry Girl and her new book that is NOW available! "Open Up and Say CHEESE! Calling all Mexican-food fanatics! We've got a gooey, crispy, two-cheese beefy quesadilla for you. And it's UNDER 200 CALORIES!!! Not coincidentally, our new book, Hungry Girl 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories, is in stores TODAY! Consider this recipe (straight from its pages!) a sneak "chew" of what's inside..." Serving Size: entire quesadilla Calories: 196 Fat: 5g Sodium: 931mg Carbs: 25g Fiber: 13.5g Sugars: 2.5g Protein: 25.5g POINTS® value 4*
- 1 large tortilla (recipe calls for a La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb or High Fiber tortilla)
- 1⁄3 cup soy crumbles, frozen ground beef kind (like the ones by Boca and Morningstar Farms)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 piece Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, 1/2 of a piece actually
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon taco seasoning mix, dry
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream, for dipping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine soy crumbles, cheddar cheese, scallions, sour cream, and seasoning mix, stirring thoroughly. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir again, and set aside.
- Lay tortilla flat and spread cheese wedge evenly over one half.
- Bring a medium-large pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat, and lay tortilla in it with the cheesy side up. Cook for about 30 seconds. Top the cheesy tortilla half with soy crumble mixture.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the plain tortilla half over the other half, pressing down with the spatula to seal. Cook for about 1 minute, until slightly toasted on the bottom.
- Flip and continue to cook for about 1 minute, until both sides are toasted. Remove from heat and cut into four triangles. Serve with sour cream for dipping, if you like. Enjoy!