Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Hungry Girl: "A GIGANTIC and apple-tastic treat to brighten your day..." "(Entire recipe: 230 calories, 1.5g fat, 385mg sodium, 37g carbs, 5g fiber, 12g sugars, 17g protein = 4 Points)
- 1 cup apple, peeled, finely chopped (approx. 1 medium apple)
- 1 slice light bread, Wonder Light White Bread
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute, Original
- 3 tablespoons oats (not quick or instant)
- 1 ounce light vanilla soymilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Splenda granular, 2 SPLENDA packets
- 1 pinch salt
- Begin by stirring to combine all ingredients except for the bread and apple. Set aside.
- Toast bread well (but do not burn) and allow it to cool. Tear bread into pieces and place in a blender or food processor. Pulse bread until reduced to small pieces.
- Add mixture and chopped apple to blender or processor and pulse until mixed (NOT liquefied).
- In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook mixture over medium heat. Prepare as you would scrambled eggs, constantly moving mixture around with a spatula. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, until solid crumbles form and brown slightly.