Recipe by senseicheryl
Here is another Hungry Girl Recipe that was listed as one of the top 10 recipes for Super Bowl Sunday! "This sweet 'n toasty mix is so good it may make your head explode. So be careful..." (1/4th recipe: 110 calories, 3g fat, 110 - 125mg sodium, 24g carbs, 4g fiber, 8.5g sugars, 1g protein = 2 Points)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light butter, LAND O LAKES Whipped
- 3 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Sunkist butter toffee flavored almonds or 1 tablespoon Sunkist honey roasted flavored almonds
- 2 cups potato puffs (the recipe calls for Gerber Finger Foods Veggie Puffs, Sweet Potato)
- 1⁄2 cup Fiber One cereal
- 2 nature valley cinnamon apple granola bars, lightly crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Since this is a quirky recipe, it's best to have all ingredients measured out and ready to go before starting (to avoid burning).
- Begin by setting out a large piece of tinfoil for the recipe to cool on after it's prepared.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine butter, Splenda, corn syrup and cinnamon. Stir while cooking over low heat. Once mixture is well blended and bubbling, stir in and coat Gerber Puffs and cereal. Continuously stir for approximately 2 1/2 minutes, until mixture looks well coated and toasty. Stir in apple crisps and almonds and remove from heat.
- Spread mixture out on tinfoil until cool. Serves 4!