Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hungry Girl lists this recipe as one of her Top 10 Recipes for Game Day. "Where've You Bean All My Life? It's National Chili Month, people! And you know what that means, right? It's time to brush up on your chili-makin' skills and learn how to whip up a vat of HG's Bocalicious Chili. Needless to say, this is one of our personal favorites. Whether you like yours super-hot or mild & free of spice, HG’s Bocalicious Chili will save you countless calories and fat grams compared to most other versions of the stuff. HG Tip: Eat it straight, over shirataki noodles, on baked potatoes or on fat-free hot dogs. Mmmm!" Serving Size: 1 bowl (1/4th recipe) Calories: 190 Fat: 1g Sodium: 1,100mg Carbs: 30g Fiber: 8g Sugars: 12g Protein: 21g 3 Points *Sodium Counters Alert! Using a “No Salt Added” or lower sodium canned tomato option would reduce the sodium by about 400mg per serving.
- 4 Boca meatless ground burger (the patties or you can use 2 packets Boca Meatless Ground Burger)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (preferably Mexican style)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 2 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 dash cumin, to taste
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1 dash pepper, to taste
- 1 dash chili powder, to taste
- 1 dash onion powder, to taste
- Begin by microwaving Boca "meat" per the box’s instructions. If using patties, once cool enough to handle, cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Spray a large pot with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium heat, sauté onion for about 5 minutes. Add stewed tomatoes and Boca, reduce heat to a low-medium flame, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder and onion powder.
- Lastly, stir in beans and cook for about 3 - 4 more minutes. Pour chili into 4 bowls and immediately top with cheese!