Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Hungry Girl. Saved here for safekeeping. This looks so yummy. Note prep time doesn't include chill time.
- 340.19 g cranberries, fresh whole
- 311.84 g mandarin orange segments
- 236.59 ml apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 7.08 g unflavored gelatin, 1 pkg
- 158.51 ml Splenda granular
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- In a medium pot, combine cranberries, Splenda, and sugar with 1 3/4 cups water. Set stove to medium heat, cover pot, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 10 minutes, uncovering to stir occasionally. Meanwhile, in a small dish, combine gelatin with 1/4 cup cold water, stir well and set aside.
- Turn off heat and stir in gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved and thoroughly combined. Stir in cinnamon and apples and mix well. Transfer mixture to a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 5 hours (overnight is best).
- Once chilled and set, remove mixture from the fridge and give it a good stir. Drain juice from the can of orange segments. Roughly chop orange segments and drain any excess liquid from them. Slightly crush almonds so that they break into smaller pieces. Add chopped orange segments and almond pieces to the cranberry sauce, and mix thoroughly. Serve with lean turkey, pork, or chicken, or anything else you like cranberries with!
Yummy! I love the Hungry Girl emails and decided to try my hand at making homemade cranberry sauce for the first time. It was very good! I used a sweet Gala apple and it and the oranges really added a nice dimension to it. The flavors blended even more after a few days, so I would definitely recommend letting it sit overnight at the minimum. Thanks for posting!