Recipe by Nado2003
I love Greek Salads but at restaurants they are TOO greasy. I read a bunch of recipes for Greek salad and made one up to my taste. Keeping it here because I keep all my recipes here.
- 1⁄2 medium purple onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced (optional)
- 2 cucumbers, half peel, seeded, and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, half if they are small and quartered if large
- 1 green pepper, chopped, same size as cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumble
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Optional step: Chop onion first, put in a small bowl; squeeze the juice of a lemon over; toss to coat onion with lemon juice. Set aside. Toss occasionally to make sure lemon juice is coating the onion; this cuts the zing off the taste of the onion.
- Once all ingredients are chopped and ready, drain the lemon juice from the onion, toss the juice.
- In a clear shallow glass bowl, layer cucumbers, grape tomatoes, green pepper, and drained onion.
- Refrigerate if not serving right away.
- In a small bowl with a tight lid, combine olive oil, 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Put lid on tight. Hold lid onto container and shake well to mix.
- Poor dressing over salad; top with feta cheese and or olives; toss and serve.