Recipe by MandyJ
Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Middles! You can make these regular cookie sized, giant cookie sized or very small cookie sized. Small ones are great for teas or showers. Double the batch to fill your freezer.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the margarine, sugar and peanut butter well.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the baking soda, then the cocoa and flour.
- Form this dough into 30 balls for regular sized cookies.
- Combine the filling ingredients and form into 30 balls.
- With floured hands, shape the chocolate ball around the peanut butter centers.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- If they are not totally covered that's ok.
- Flatten slightly with the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes.
- This makes chocolate cookies with soft peanut butter centers that taste like peanut butter cups!