Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are the brownies my grandma used to make. Compliements of Hershey's.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) can Hershey's syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Cream together 1/4 lb. butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Beat in 2 eggs.
- Beat in 2 more eggs.
- Add 1 cup and 1 tablespoon flour.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add 1 can Hershey's syrup.
- Pour into jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Farhenheit for about 35 minutes.
- Boil together 6 tablespoons butter, 6 tablespoons milk, and 1 1/2 cup sugar together for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Frost brownies while hot.
I am a fairly new baker, and the directions on this were not as explanatory as I needed! Everything turned out fine, but I didn't realize the frosting would be so runny. I took the brownies out of the pan before putting on the frosting b/c i only wanted to do half. Next time I will definitely leave the brownies in the pan for that part. I think the frosting is necessary b/c the brownies themselves are not very sweet. I also used a 9" x 13" pan and baked a little while longer. They were very good, thanks!
Very moist and chocolaty. Thank you for helping me gain 20 pounds. *wink* LOL
i have been looking for this for a long time my grandma made this too and had never seen it after that thanks foe sharing itbring back memories great too