Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
these freeze well..somtimes I go for chocolate overkill and throw in some chocolate chips after I put batter in baking pan..sprinkle them on the top
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 16 ounces hershey chocolate syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy --
- add eggs, syrup and flour.
- mix well and add chopped nuts if desired --
- bake in a 13x9" baking pan -- for 25 minutes at 350*.
- can be iced also.
- these freeze extremely well -- .
I made this recipe my first year in 4-H and it has been a family staple ever since. I was ready to post, but happy to see it already here. We affectionately call them Blue Ribbon Brownies
I make my own chocolate syrup, which is usually quite thin. That may be the reason that these always come out very moist (and sticky) for me. The taste is great, though!