Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy!! Got it from a Hershey's choc dessert cookbook. Prep time does not include chilling time. I chill these although the original recipe permits freezing as well.
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows (or 30 large)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons green creme de menthe (or green food color and mint flavor)
- 1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- Combine marshmallows and milk in a saucepan over low heat; stir until mixture is smooth.
- Measure one cup into a bowl, add creme de menthe.
- Add melted chocolate chips and sugar to remaining marshmallow mixture.
- Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Whip cream until stiff, divide into 2.
- You can also use 3 cups of whipped topping, divided.
- Fold half into creme de menthe mixture, and the other half into the chocolate mixture.
- Alternately spoon mixtures into parfait glasses.
- Chill, garnish with mint leaves or shaved chocolate.
Made these the other night. I thought they were very good. My boys didn't care for them saying "they are too sweet" . T he chocolate layer was kinda lumpy maybe I let it cool too long before spooning into the dishes. It was still tasty. It tamed my craving for chocolate and mint. One of my favorite combos :) Thanks for sharing.