Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on the Hershey's site. Hershey's and I go way back.
- 88.74 ml butter, softened
- 78.07 ml butter flavor shortening
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 340.19 g hershey's special dark chocolate chips
- 177.44 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and shortening in large bowl until well blended.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; beat thoroughly. Add sugar and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda & salt; gradually beat into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with ice cold milk and enjoy.
This is a very good cookie recipe. We really did enjoy them. They are very moist and chocolately but not too overwhelming. Will make these again soon. Thanks for posting this recipe.
i couldn't find the special dark chocolate chips,so i improvised. i used 1 1/2 large bars( 1/2 pound each)special dark chocolate bars,chopped them into chip size pieces,and continued from there.all i can say about this cookie is,it's so moist,gooey and chocolately rich.and i'm so pleased to be the first to rate and review this wonderfully delectable cookie.may you and Hershey's have a long and wonderful relationship. :)thank you so much for posting.