Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted on behalf of Yahoo Group SillyYaks. Re:The best cake I have ever had!!! This is straight off the box of Natural Hershey's cocoa:
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml hershey's cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml boiling water
flour ingredients (use 1 3/4 cups for this recipe)
- 473.18 ml rice flour
- 158.51 ml potato starch
- 78.07 ml tapioca flour
perfectly chocolate chocolate frosting
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 158.51 ml hershey's cocoa
- 709.77 ml powdered sugar
- 78.07 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two 9 inches round baking pans.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting.
- To make Frosting melt butter & stir in cocoa.
- Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating on med speed to spreading consistency.
- Add more milk if needed & stir in vanilla makes about 2 Cups.
- I followed this recipe exactly and did not add xanthan gum and it was not only easy to do but again the results are fantastic. I think I have found the cake I will use for birthdays, special occasions, etc. No one and I mean no one will be able to tell it is gf! :).
I've used this recipe for peanut butter cup cupcakes and oreo poke cake and it's amazing! Don't be afraid that's its liquidy because the cake turns out light and really rises. Haven't had a chance to try the frosting yet, but the cake is sooooo worth it! I do add more vanilla than it calls for, though, since it is really chocolate-y.
I used this recipe for a Birthday cake I made! Supurb! very fudgy and moist! they said it was the best cake they ever ate! I did use all purpose flour and used 1 cup of brown sugar wow sooooo good!
I am new to the gf way of life. I had to unlearn everything about baking. And I was a lifelong, excellent baker. All that said, this is a great cake! Whether your gf or not!! Do use the frosting recipe it is delicious and very easy to spread.