Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from the side of a Hershey's Cocoa Tin from the 80's. I don't know if this is posted anywhere on this site, but I wanted to keep it for my files. Please note the amount of cocoa you add to the frosting - There are different amounts listed for the chocolate intensity you would like your frosting to taste
- 88.74 ml butter (softened) or 88.74 ml margarine (softened)
- 78.07 ml hershey's cocoa (See Note Below)
- 631.69 ml unsifted confectioners' sugar
- 78.07 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Cream butter or margarine in small mixer bowl.
- Add cocoa and confectioners sugar alternately with milk; beat to spreading consistency (additional tablespoon milk may be needed).
- Blend in vanilla.
- Makes 2 cups frosting.
- ***1/3 cup for light flavor.
- ***1/2 cup for medium flavor.
- ***3/4 cup for dark flavor.
Perfect icing. I use this everytime I make chocolate cake, which is at least twice a month. Everyone loves the creamy chocolate flavour and my two boys fight to lick out the bowl. I usually mix it by hand which is great as I don't have to get the mixer dirty. Thank you!
Love this frosting with or without the cocoa. Also used it with cocoa and 1 tblsp of powdered non-dairy creamer (hazelnut) to create an alternative and very good tasting frosting.
My favorite buttercream frosting that I have been making for over 20 years. I was on the verge of panic because I couldn't find my copy to make for 1 Pan Fudge Cake. Thanks for putting it on Zaar so that I will never lose it again. This frosting tastes better the next day after being refrigerated.