Recipe by Bettee Crocker
These cookies are so good and go away so fast! I make them for my friends all the time and they absolutely love them! The peanut butter Hershey kiss hidden inside the cookie is the best. They are probably my favorite cookies to make! :)
- 70 hershey's peanut butter kisses
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter or 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove wrappers from peanut butter filled chocolates.
- Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add sugar, corn syrup, egg and vanilla; blend well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to peanut butter mixture, blending well.
- Heat oven to 350°F Shape dough into 30 (about 1-1/4 inch) balls. Press peanut butter filled chocolate piece into each ball; covering completely with dough. Reshape into balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Set aside 30 peanut butter filled chocolates. Place remaining chocolates in heavy-duty resealable plastic food storage bag. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; knead. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, kneading after each heating, just until chocolates are melted and mixture is smooth. Cut small piece from corner of bag; drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. Before drizzle sets, place peanut butter filled chocolate in center of each cookie. Allow drizzle to harden.