Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are delicious, nutty, rich and buttery cookies that have a surprise inside...a Hershey's Kiss!! They are extremely easy to make and there are not many ingredients either! (Chill time not included in prep time)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup coarsely ground walnuts
- 1 (9 ounce) package Hershey chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Cream butter and sugar at low speed until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, stirring well.
- Combine flour and cocoa and stir into creamed mixture until well mixed.
- Stir in walnuts and chill dough for 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap one tablespoon of dough around each chocolate kiss and roll into a ball.
- Place on cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly on sheets and remove to cool completely on wire racks.
These ARE delicious and soooo easy to make. I took them to a picnic this weekend and they didn't last at all. Thanks for sharing this. It's a keeper!
WARNING! The recipe can't be correct. I made these cookies and the flour to butter ratio isn't right. They need more flour! Anyway, made the cookies according to recipe and, while they actually tasted pretty good, they were way too flaky and delicate. I give them 3 stars for the taste only. The recipe is also not that easy. It's a bit of work getting the dough to roll around the hershey kisses when it's chilled.