There are a few like these on here, but this particular recipe is my favorite. And I think it is the official version directly from Hershey's.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In mixer, beat shortening and peanut butter until well blended; Blend in sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; Beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually mix in peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and rollin additional sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately place a Hershey's Kiss on each cookie and press down slightly.