Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You'll impress your guests with this one! They'll think you've fussed. You don't have to tell them that the "torte" is actually a frozen pound cake! This couldn't be easier, but it does need to chill about 6 hours, so plan accordingly. From the Hershey's web site.
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Hershey chocolate kisses
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream, plus
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) frozen loaf poundcake, partially thawed
- 10 Hershey's Hugs chocolates
- Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.
- Combine 46 Hershey's kisses chocolates and 1/3 cup whipping cream in small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla until smooth; transfer to medium bowl.
- Refrigerate until firm enough to spread, about 1 hour.
- Slice cake horizontally to make 3 layers.
- Arrange bottom layer on serving plate.
- Evenly spread 1/3 cup filling over layer, top with second layer and spread with 1/3 cup filling.
- Place remaining layer on top.
- Beat 1/2 cup whipping cream until thickened; fold in remaining filling.
- Refrigerate a few minutes if a more firm consistency is desired.
- Frost top, sides and ends of torte.
- Refrigerate about 6 hours.
- Remove wrappers from remaining Hershey's kisses chocolates.
- Granish torte before serving.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover torte.