Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very easy to make, and very good
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup oil or 2⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Stir cocoa and baking soda in mixing bowl.
- Blend in 1/3 cup of oil or butter.
- Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining 1/3 cup of oil or butter.
- Add flour, vanilla and salt blend.
- Pour in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool and frost if desired. (nuts can be added if desired).
- I sometimes double the recipe and bake on half sheet cake pan.
I tried this recipe and turned out amazing. The only problem that my brownie was so crumbly. Is it because of the eggs? The size of eggs here where i live are quite small, so do i need to ads just one more egg?
I have made these for over 25 years. Only ones I like. Very easy to make moist and perfect. The recipe used to be on the Hershey's can. Y handwritten copy is so faded and stained. I had to check online for no of eggs because I couldn't read mine
I've made this brownie recipe for years. I got it off the back of a Hershey's cocoa tin; the original recipe called for oil instead of butter--I think butter sounds better!! Anyhow, it's a great brownie.