Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very easy to make, and very good
Make and share this Hershey's Fudgy Brownie's recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup oil or 2⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Stir cocoa and baking soda in mixing bowl.
- Blend in 1/3 cup of oil or butter.
- Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining 1/3 cup of oil or butter.
- Add flour, vanilla and salt blend.
- Pour in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool and frost if desired. (nuts can be added if desired).
- I sometimes double the recipe and bake on half sheet cake pan.
I have made these for over 25 years. Only ones I like. Very easy to make moist and perfect. The recipe used to be on the Hershey's can. Y handwritten copy is so faded and stained. I had to check online for no of eggs because I couldn't read mine
I've made this brownie recipe for years. I got it off the back of a Hershey's cocoa tin; the original recipe called for oil instead of butter--I think butter sounds better!! Anyhow, it's a great brownie.
These are really good! I'd never made brownies using boiled water before, so thought I'd try something new! They're so easy to put together with everything on hand, which is a plus for me! I made these to take to a friends house for a BBQ and they were gobbled up! I also used a 9" pan instead of the 9X13 for a thicker brownie and bake time was only about 5 minutes longer. I frosted them and put crushed pecans on top which made a nice presentation. Thanks for sharing this really good and easy recipe!