Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fun, easy, no-bake cookies. Kids of all ages love them.
Make and share this Hershey's Cocoa Haystacks recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa, Hershey's
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- In medium saucepan combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full boil; remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Immediately drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Cool completely.
- Store in cool, dry place.
We really enjoyed these delicious chewy haystacks, they were awesome, sweet and chocolatey. Made as directed but omitted the nuts due to dh's allergy. These were a lovely addition to the Christmas cookie platters that I gave out this year. Thank you for sharing your recipe my friend and making me look good. Made FYC Tag Game 2014.
These are sweet, chewy and chocolatey! Another great thing about them is that they took less than 10 minutes to make. I used a cookie scoop to make these so mine don't look as much like haystacks but more like cookie balls! Making them that way, I ended up with 3 dozen. I also skipped the nuts because one of my kids doesn't like them. My boys love these and are big fans of lazyme! Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks Vic! :)