Recipe by lilkittykt
This came off the back of the Hershey's chocolate chips bag. **For perfectly chocolate chocolate chip cookies, add 1/3 cup Hershey's cocoa to recipe.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) packagehershey semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together; flour, baking soda and salt,.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer until creamy; add eggs, beat well, gradually add flour mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if desired, drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, cool slightly; remove from sheet, to wire rack, cool completely.
- PAN RECIPE: spread batter in greased 15 x 10 jelly-roll pan, bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned, cool completely; cut into bars.