Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Handed down from my Nana, this is a very simple, plain yet moist and fudgy cake. Serve with whipped cream or your favorite ice cream.
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (Plus more for dusting...)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl with a portable mixer or a stand mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time till incorporated.
- Add syrup and vanilla.
- Turn off mixer and stir in the flour and baking powder by hand (it's less messy this way -- )
- Pour batter into a lightly greased and floured 9 inch springform pan and bake for one hour and 15 minutes.
- Let cool and release cake from pan. Enjoy!
- Note: I always go for less time (one hour) for an extra-moist cake, but it's still good if you go for the full hour and 15. This can also be made in 2 8in. cake pans if you want a layer cake, but definitely decrease the baking time.
Looks Yummy.... Gonna make
Amazingly tasty n easy to make. A real chocolaty chocolate cake. Loved it