Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons hershey cocoa
- 1 cup light cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups coarsely broken pecans
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- In a heavy 3 quart saucepan combine sugar,brown sugar,cocoa and light cream.
- Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat to low,cook stirring occanionally to 234 degrees (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Cool at room temperature to 160 degrees.
- Add pecans,Beat with wooden spoon just until mixture begins to thicken (about 1-2 minutes) but is still glossy.
- Quickly drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Store covered.