Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been making this pie since I was in high school. It is very popular with my family especially at the holidays. It even makes a good chocolate pie if you want to leave out the nuts.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in medium bowl.
- Add eggs, corn syrup, butter and vanilla; stir until well blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 60 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Garnish with whipped topping.