Recipe by mollypaul
Who doesn't like chocolate? From the Hershey's Chocolate company.
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
This was insanely good!! I've wanted to make monkey bread for so long, but just never got round to it, but I'm glad I held out for this one. I loved the melted chocolate inside each dough ball and this was completely worth the time and effort. Just delicious!
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen bread dough (or white bread dough from recipe of your choice)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon hershey cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted and divided (not spread product)
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- mini hershey milk chocolate kisses or semisweet chocolate pieces or milk chocolate pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw loaves as directed on package; let rise until doubled.
- Stir together granulated sugar, cocoa and cinnamon.
- Stir together 1/4 cup butter, brown sugar and water in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth when stirred.
- Pour mixture into 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Heat oven to 350°F Pinch off pieces of bread dough; form into balls, 1-1/2 inches in diameter, placing 3 baking pieces inside each ball.
- Dip each ball in remaining 1/4 cup butter; roll in cocoa-sugar mixture.
- Place balls in prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 20 minutes in pan; invert onto serving plate.
- Cool until lukewarm.